E.L.I., Inc., operates as a manufacturer’s representative and distributor. We are a heat transfer and rotating machinery house that handles engineered process equipment. The original business was founded in 1933 by Walter Cooke and eventually became John B. Elstrott & Associates in the 1950’s. Finally, in 1979, E.L.I., Inc., (Elstrott-Lindberg-Irwin) was incorporated, and George Irwin, who has been with the company since 1957, became its first president. In 1998, Stephen A. Joubert took over as President of E.L.I., Inc.
Currently, we have four stockholders:
- Stephen Joubert – President
- Timothy Irwin – Vice President/ Assistant Treasurer
- Carl LaForge – Vice President/ Treasurer
- John LaForge – Vice President/ Secretary
Additionally, Amy McMahon has worked as a sales engineer since 2008, and Heather Wood has served as accountant/office manager since 2013.
We assign territorial areas to each salesperson to ensure full coverage, however, all salespeople handle all of the product lines we represent. Our office includes a warehouse where we maintain an inventory of select standard items. We also have in-house design capability to run quick thermal ratings, turbine sizing, etc.
Since 1933 we have represented the following accounts:
- Standard Xchange/Xylem, Inc. – Formerly ITT Standard and American Standard Heat Transfer Division
- Gardner Denver Nash– Formerly Nash, Siemens, Garo, Nash/Elmo, Nash Kinema
- Dresser-Rand Company– Formerly Terry, Coppus, Murray, Turbodyne, Worthington, Tuthill
We also have 20+ combined years of experience representing the following accounts:
- Spencer Turbine Co.
- Super Radiator Coils
- Heat Exchanger Design